Monday, June 11, 2012

531 C3 W3

The picking stuff up and moving it about. I've been doing it.

I'm almost at the end of my third wave of 531! I've been following the book for my main lifts and adding weight with each wave, so for this wave my starting maxes were:

OHP 75lbs
BP 110
Squat 135 - I've been having issues, so didn't bump this
DL 250

Not to say I've moved those numbers about, I just use them for the math.

What that's meant for this week is that yesterday:

OHP 
5x45lbs
5x55
3x65
1x70 (!)

70lbs over my head felt freaking awesome. I also did some shoulder saver stuff and walked the mile and back to the gym. I've kinda slacked on the accessory work. I'm going to maybe try BBB next wave. I played with it a bit for squats and it sucked in a good way.

I'm not going to make it to the gym tonite, so I lifted this morning. After a bit of time on the treadmill with my coffee, I did a nice long warm up and then deadlifts.

DLs
5x90lbs
5x115
3x135
5x170
3x195
2x215(!)

More freaking awesome! 215! I really want 300, and 215 puts me that much closer. It was a great way to start the week. 

Oh and I'll leave you with  a bit of SCIENCE! 

(A bit of clarification, the title is misleading, working out doesn't change the sequence of your DNA. Your genes stay the same, rather it changes how your DNA is expressed. In super simplified terms, working out changes what genes are on, and what are off. If any of it is confusing, let me know and I'll explain)

A Workout Can Change Your DNA
"Reporting in Cell Metabolism, researchers write that when people who lead relatively sedentary lives worked out the DNA in their muscle fibers changed almost immediately. Scientists also found caffeine had the same effect on isolated rodent muscles. Study co-author Juleen Zierath discusses the DNA modifications"

No comments:

Post a Comment