Sunday, June 24, 2012

531 W1 C4 and Camping!

I crammed bench and squat into W and Th of last week, and damn it was hard. I went camping with my parents and brother at the end of the week though, so it had to be done. We rented a rustic cabin from the state park and had a blast.



 I could live in a cabin in the woods (and if Dallas gets his way, eventually we will). That much green really does just make me feel whole again. I need a close water source though, carrying water and wood after a week of 531, not fun. My arms are getting super sore, and I don't do any direct arm work. Actually all of me was super sore up until today. BBB is really tough on the body. I usually do 2 a days but I don't think that's going to work out with BBB. I really do need all day to recover. I didn't get in any of my body weight movement goals last week, not a single push up! What I did do:

Wends AM:

Warm up- shoulder upper body focus
BBB BP
5x45lbs
5x55
3x65
5x70
5x80
5x90
10x55
10x55
10x55
10x55
10x65 - 55 wasn't really feeling all that heavy, so I bumped it up. I'll bump it up in the next week for them all. 

Then I did a bunch of shoulder saver stuff, it feels good. I totally planned on going to hula hoop in the PM, but fell asleep after class and missed it. I chalked it up to my body needing the break.

Thurs AM:

Warm up - hip mobility focus
BBB Squats
5x55lbs
5x70
3x80
5x85
5x100
5x115
10x70
10x70
10x70
10x70
10x70

I may bump this up to 75 next week. It sucked, but not enough to keep my mind wandering. Someone told me to think about pressing my knees out when squatting and it's really helped. I think a wave or two of BBB squats and I'm going to start getting much more comfortable with them. That much volume can't help but make you better at them, right?

Afterwards I walked on the treadmill for about 20 min, just to keep my legs and hips from freaking out. 

Friday and Sat were camping! We did a good 4 mile trail on Friday, it really helped with the soreness. 

And so begins another week, thanks for reading along!

No comments:

Post a Comment